This message identifies who we are, what information we collect about you and how we treat it.
How do we collect information about you?
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways.
- You can provide this information to us directly (for example, by filling out a form or calling us).
- We may collect information automatically (for example, when you use our app or visit a website).
- We may receive information from third parties (such as publicly available information on social networks such as facebook and twitter).
- In this message, all the ways you have contacted us are the contact points between you and the Phi Books. Phi books contact points are considered to be both physical (such as retail locations and events) and electronic (such as gadgets and websites) contacts.
- We may collect information that you provide to us directly. This usually happens when you:
- you register to become a member of our database (for example, this can be done in person, using the app or online);
- you purchase Phi Books products or services at a retail location;
- you download or use an electronic contact point (such as an app or website);
- contact us through any contact point, email, social network or phone;
- Sign up to receive Phi Books press releases, emails, or marketing information.
- Participate in Phi Books surveys or Phi Books contests or promotional events.
- We may automatically collect information about you. This can also happen when you:
- you visit a store that sells Phi-Book products (for example, by collecting your data at a store checkout or through store sensors that connect to mobile technology);
- participate in an event organized by the Phi Books (for example, in the event of purchase, as well as during the event in the sensors, which connects to the mobile technology);
- contact us (for example, through a contact point or social networking platforms);
- you post public messages on the social networking platforms we follow (for example, so that we can understand public opinion or respond to inquiries about Phi Books products).
- We may also automatically collect information about you using cookies or similar tracking technologies at digital points in the Phi Books. Which cookies and technologies will be used will depend on the appropriate Phi Books contact point. To learn more about cookies (including Google analytics cookies) and similar technologies used in contact points, including how you can accept or decline cookies, please read the cookie messages that appear when using contact points. We may use publicly available profile information (your priorities, interests) on third-party social networking pages (such as Facebook, Twitter) or marketing lists obtained from third-party marketing agencies.
- We may also collect information in other contexts that will be disclosed to you at an appropriate time.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect a variety of information about you:
- information needed to fulfill your orders
- information needed to provide full customer service
- the information you provide to us in the survey forms
- information about your visits to outlets or events
- the information you provide to us during telephone conversations
- information about your priorities and hobbies
- information needed to confirm your age
- The information we collect directly from you will be determined based on the situation in which you provide it to us. For example,
- if you order a product from us through a contact point, you provide us with your name, contact details, billing details and the selected product so that we can fulfill your order;
- you can provide us with information about your priorities and hobbies so that we can offer you goods and services;
- if you arrange to meet with us (or anyone who provides assistance with our products or services), we may collect information about your name and contacts;
- The information we collect will mainly relate to:
- determining how often you visit a retail outlet or event (including your immediate neighborhood), what areas you visit, how long you are there, and what you purchase;
- your use of the Phi Books contact points (the web pages you visit, the page you came from and the page you went to; a summary of the search terms and links you clicked on using the contact point);
- your device (your IP address or unique device identification number, location data, cookie data that we may have stored on your device).
- The information we collect from third parties will consist primarily of publicly available profile information (your priorities and hobbies), such as public posts on social networks.
For what purpose and under what legal provisions do we use information about you?
In this section, we will describe the purpose for which we use personal information. This is a general notice, but if the law restricts or prohibits certain activities listed in this notice, we will not use the information provided about you for appropriate purposes in that state.
Subject to the foregoing, we use the information about you for the following purposes:
- To sell you our products, fulfill your orders, process your payments.
- To provide you with sales-related services, including services related to resolving your inquiries and requests, and providing warranty maintenance.
- To promote your products (where permitted by law), as well as to administer loyalty programs, improve your product through market research, develop a marketing strategy, administer marketing programs, and personalize experiences gained at retail outlets and events.
- To (or to our business partners) inform you about potential opportunities to participate in marketing processes or to promote Phi Book products.
- We do this to maintain all of the above processes, as well as to administer your accounts, grant access to Phi Book contact points, communicate with you, administer your appointments with us or any other person who provides assistance with our products or services. (for example, for new products or after-sales service), personalize your Phi Book contact points to manage processes and resolve issues.
- Business analytics and improvement, including improving Phi Book products, retail outlets and events, and the information we provide to our customers.
- For other purposes that we inform you about or that are perceived from the context at the time the information is collected from you
- The legal basis for the information we collect about you is as follows:
- compliance with the legal requirements to which we are subject;
- performance of the contract to which you are a party;
- the legitimate interests of the company, without prejudice to your interests, on the basis of which the information must be protected;
Information collection methods and legal basis for their processing
Sell your products
You provide this information to us directly (usually name, address, email address, payment information).
We use it to fulfill our contractual obligations to you as a buyer.
Provide sales-related services
You provide this information to us directly. We use it because we have a legitimate business interest in providing sales-related services to our customers, as long as it does not infringe on your interests, rights and freedoms related to the protection of your information.
Advertise your product
This will usually be a combination of the various information you provide to us (such as your name and contacts and social networking data), the information we collect automatically (for example, using technology to track Phi Book contact points) and (if applicable) permitted by law) information we receive from third parties (such as public announcements on social networks).
We use it on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in promoting our product, managing Phi Book contact points, personalizing your experience, and when it does not infringe on your interests, rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your information.
Advertise your product
This will usually be a combination of the various information you provide to us (such as your name, contact details, the names of your social network users), the information we collect automatically (such as using cookies and similar technologies) and (where permitted by law) information we receive from third parties (such as public announcements on social networks).
We use it because we have a legitimate business interest in providing sales-related services to our customers where this does not infringe on your interests, rights, and freedoms related to the protection of your information. In certain countries where required by law, we will only send you such data in electronic format with your consent.
Support all the above objectives
This will usually be a combination of the various information you provide to us (usually your name, password (or its equivalent)) and the information we collect automatically (such as information about your devices, cookies, and similar tracking technologies).
We use it on a basis that is consistent with the purpose for which we relied on that information. For example, when we administer your account and seek to place an order or provide after-sales service, we use your information to fulfill your contractual obligations to you as a buyer; when we administer your account to showcase our products to you, we conduct marketing activities, so we use the information based on legitimate business interests in order to promote our product; we do this if these actions do not infringe on your interests, rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your information.
Business analysts and improvement
In most cases, this will be a combination of the various information you provide to us, the information we collect automatically, and (where permitted by law) the information we receive from third parties.
We use the information on a basis that is based on the legitimate interests of the company to analyze and improve the business, our products, Phi Book contact points, retail outlets, events, and to invite individuals to promote Phi Book products, and when this is without prejudice to your interests, rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your information.
If we use the information on grounds other than those listed above, we will ask for your consent before processing it (these cases will be clearly understood from the context).
In some cases, we will use your information in ways not discussed above. In such cases, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice that will disclose the basis for this use. You must read all of the additional messages attached to this message.
With whom and for what purposes do we share your information?
We may share your information with:
- third parties that supply products or services to Phi Books or to you;
- Phi Books partners – carefully selected business partners and advertisers (in areas related to our products or fulfilling their style and image) in order to be able to make proposals which, in their opinion, the interest you based on your preferences; and
- We may share information about you with third parties that supply products or services Phi Books or you (for example, consultants, payment service providers, delivery service providers, retailers, product managers, IT service providers and the person’s age verification service providing persons).
- We may share information about you with third parties if required and permitted by law, for example: if required by regulators, government departments; if we are required to respond to inquiries from the executive or other government representatives; in cases where we believe that disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical or material harm or to cooperate in the investigation of suspected illegal or illegal activities; if organizational restructuring is to be implemented.
Where can information about you be passed on?
Using information as described in this notice, it may be transferred inside or outside the country in which it was collected, including to a country that does not have equivalent data protection standards.
For example, Phi Books , which is located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the transfer of personal data Phi Books branch or partners located outside the EEA (eg. UK). In all cases, the transfer will take place:
- in accordance with the relevant decision of the European Commission;
- through certain safeguards, such as the EU model contracts; or
- fulfilling your and our contractual obligations (or performing pre-contractual obligations imposed at your request) or entering into and performing a contract where those obligations have been established in your favor between us and third parties (for example, as regards travel arrangements).
- In any case, appropriate safeguards for the protection of personal information will apply in accordance with the data protection laws of that country or territory.
How do we protect information about you?
We take the necessary technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information we hold against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. Where appropriate, we use encryption and other technologies to protect the information you provide. We also require our service providers to adhere to strict data privacy and security requirements.
How long will your information be kept?
We will retain information about you to the extent necessary to fulfill our data collection purposes. We then delete the information. The period varies depending on the purpose for which the information is collected. We note that in certain cases you have the right to request that we delete the information. In certain cases, we are required to retain information, for example, for tax or accounting purposes. We typically store data based on the criteria below.
What are your rights and opportunities?
You may have all or some of the rights listed below based on the information we hold about you:
- require access to information;
- require us to correct, update or delete it;
- demand that we restrict its use in certain cases;
- to oppose its use in certain cases;
- withdraw its consent to its use;
- transfer data in certain cases;
- refuse to use the information for direct marketing purposes; and
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (if any) in your country.
In the messages you receive, we suggest various ways to exercise these rights in the messages, such as providing unsubscription links or providing a contact address.